Preparing for Your Visit
At Advanced Orthopedics, we realize your time is valuable. We strive to be punctual and minimize your wait to be seen. However, we cannot always anticipate the complexity of every patient’s condition.
To provide the best possible care for every patient, we will occasionally run over the allotted amount of time for a particular appointment. If you have to wait to be seen, please keep this in mind and we will do everything we can to make your time with us comfortable.
What to Bring to Your First Visit
- Insurance card
- Referral information from your physician
- Any diagnostic tests you have had done such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs
- If you have already had surgery elsewhere, please bring your operative report and related medical records
- A valid form of ID
If you are being seen for your shoulder:
- Wear a loose-fitting overshirt.
- Males should wear a tank top.
- Females should wear a sports bra or similar clothing that will make it easy to examine the front and back of the shoulder.
- Bring all MRIs, X-rays, and any other studies you have had done prior to the appointment (bring the actual studies, not just reports).
If you are being seen for your knee:
- Bring a pair of shorts with you. You will be asked to change into shorts once you get to the exam room.
- Wear loose-fitting pants (sweatpants with a leg zipper are great).
- We often ask you to walk barefoot to examine your gait, so you should wear shoes and socks that are easy to remove.
- Bring all MRIs, X-rays and any other studies you have had done prior to the appointment (bring the actual studies, not just reports).
To schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic doctors at our conveniently located St. Louis office, call (314) 721-7325 or you can use our online form to request an appointment and we will contact you.